Lithe Flames Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lithe Flames Pack

Welcome to the Lithe Flames Pack website.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wolf Sanctuary.

Go down 
+2
Icepelt
Alkara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alkara

Alkara

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

While I was on Vacation my parents brought us up to a wolf Sanctuary where we could view the wolves and even go out and walk with them. It was very interesting and fun, but I learned something quite interesting that i would like to share with you.

Well there was this one wolf, and mind you he was the biggest one there and the youngest. Weighting 125 pounds and being just huge I thought right away that he was going to be the alpha of the pack, but I was wrong.
Wildie, as they called him, was actually the Omega of the pack. He let the other members bully him and nip at him without and fight back. The smallest wolf that they had was his alpha and let me tell you she was really tiny compared to him.

Have you ever had any thing that interested you about Wolves? Or have you seen any in the wild or at zoos?
Well go ahead and tell us here.
Back to top Go down
Icepelt

Icepelt

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, I had seen some at zoos. There was a creamy colored one and a black one standing on a rock. I couldn't see the rest, if there was any, because there was a huge crowd in front of the exhibit.
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 am

I seen wolf only in zoos,but one day i heared a wolf howl.
Back to top Go down
Alkara

Alkara

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm

oh cool guys, I have seen Wolves in teh wild.
Where I live there is a pack and they come through the fields quite a bit.
I should try and take pictures the next time i see them.
Back to top Go down
Icepelt

Icepelt

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Oh yeah! This time, I went on a field trip in my school, and there was this dog/wolf there. It was white, and when it howled, it sounded exactly like a wolf.
Back to top Go down
Rilak
Admin
Rilak

Location : Mostly Moderating the Pack Site, or hovering aorund WQ Forums

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 pm

My parents saw some when they went to the store . However, it's right next to the highway and a large, VERY popular market, so I think it was a bunch of rogue city dogs.
Back to top Go down
https://litheflamespack.rpg-board.net
Alkara

Alkara

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:24 pm

That does make sense Rilak.
Back to top Go down
Rilak
Admin
Rilak

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I think it does too.

However, speaking of rogue dogs, I saw some in the mountains that looked like a crossbreed of wolf and another dog. Probably a stray met a wolf and lived, having crossed pups. Or it was a really multi-coloured, big mutt that someone let loose =D
Back to top Go down
Esther

Esther

Location : Somewhere...Beyond the sea, somewhere waiting for me...

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 am

You guys are really lucky... I haven't seen a single wolf my whole life, and the local zoo is HORRIBLE; they keep animals in dull cages and feed them by putting tiny pieces of food on sticks. It's too sad to go to... I went when I was 3 though.
Back to top Go down
Alkara

Alkara

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Aweh that is terrible to hear Esther!

But one day you shall see one, and maybe a better zoo where the animals are treated properly.
Back to top Go down
Rilak
Admin
Rilak

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Alkara wrote:
Aweh that is terrible to hear Esther!

But one day you shall see one, and maybe a better zoo where the animals are treated properly.

Ditto with Alkara. Wouldn't that be awesome if WQ had this whoel field-trip thing, and we all went to one spot and then they took us to Yellowstone?! =P I can dream ya know xD
Back to top Go down
Esther

Esther

Location : Somewhere...Beyond the sea, somewhere waiting for me...

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Moving a whole community to Yellowstone? That... is simply impossible. Seriously. There are at least 1,000-2,000 people in WQ, and most people might have quit/are on vacation/only registered so they can play MP on the game. But dream on, Rilak. Dream on. Though I'd prefer to go on my own with my family, so things can be... peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Firestar

Firestar

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 am

It would be pretty awesome if someone came to your school and educated you about wolves or something, in the least.
Back to top Go down
Alkara

Alkara

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Yes that is what a group of people do around my community, we have a wolf Sanctuary close by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolf Sanctuary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Sanctuary.   Wolf Sanctuary. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf Sanctuary.
Page 1 of 1